Freon is the refrigerant used in most AC units. It helps to cool the air inside your home by absorbing heat from the air and circulating it back outside. If you have a leak, your AC unit will not be able to function properly.
If you suspect your AC unit is leaking Freon or needs a repair, call the professionals at AmeriTech Air Conditioning & Heating for Ac Repair in Orlando, FL, and surrounding areas. We’ll provide a free estimate!
What are the Signs your AC is Leaking Freon?
There are a few things you can look for to determine if your AC is leaking Freon.
1. Not Blowing Cool Air or not Working as Well: If your AC unit is not cooling as well as it used to, this could be a sign that the Freon levels are low and it cannot circulate the air properly.
2. Strange Hissing Noise: A leak in an air conditioner’s refrigerant is due to leaks or fractures in the coils that transport it. Though hissing may indicate a variety of issues, refrigerant leaks are one of them. A larger leak might produce a gurgling sound as the fluid bubbles through the pipe.
3. Frozen Coils: When your home’s refrigerant level is insufficient, the copper lines or evaporator coils may absorb heat instead. As a consequence, condensation forms on the wires or coils and causes them to freeze.
4. Higher Energy Bills: If your air conditioner is not working as efficiently as it should be, this could lead to higher energy bills. A Freon leak will cause your AC unit to work harder to cool your home, using more energy in the process.
5. Physical Signs of a Leak: You may be able to see physical signs of a leak, such as an oily residue or frost on the coils. If you notice any of these signs, it is important to have your AC unit checked by a professional to determine if there is a Freon leak. Trying to repair the leak yourself could be dangerous and may cause further damage to your AC unit.
Give us a call today! Our technicians at AmeriTech Air Conditioning & Heating can handle any AC repair in Altamonte Springs, FL, and surrounding areas.
When our professionals come to your home, they will start by looking outside at the AC unit to see if there is any visible damage. They will then go inside and check the coils and Freon levels. After that, they will test the unit to see how well it is working and what needs to be done to repair it.
If you think your AC unit is leaking Freon or needs a repair, don’t wait to contact us at (407) 863-6312! Our professionals at AmeriTech Air Conditioning & Heating will be happy to help.