AC isn’t Blowing Cold Air:
If the temperature rises and your air conditioner isn’t blowing cold air, you may be frustrated. Things will quickly become sticky and uncomfortable unless you can figure out what the problem is and have it fixed. If your air conditioner isn’t blowing cold air, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot it. Of course, contacting an HVAC professional for AC service in Altamonte Springs fl is always a good idea. However, in an emergency, you may need to lend a helping hand, and we discuss a few things to do when your air conditioner isn’t blowing cold air.
How to Fix:
When your air conditioner isn’t blowing cool air, you have a few options –
- Air conditioners, like most things, wear and tear over time. This means it may develop a mechanical problem at some point during its life. Knowing how your air conditioner works can be a good place to start when determining what mechanical issues may exist.
- Dirt and debris can accumulate around your AC’s outside unit, especially during the winter months when the AC is not in use. If yours is filthy or being suffocated by a large shrub or tree, clean it up and give the unit some breathing room. If you notice that the outside fan isn’t working, you should contact a professional.
- Check that your fan is set to “auto” rather than “on.” When it’s set to “on,” the air conditioner will blow air even if it’s not being cooled.
- Warm, stale air could be caused by a clogged air filter. When the filter becomes clogged, it can prevent air from reaching the air filter. Ideally, you should replace your filter at least twice a year.
- Examine the switches near the compressor on the outside unit, the air handler on the inside AC unit, and the circuit breakers in your electrical panel. There could be a problem with the unit if any switches are turned off. For example, if your air conditioner overheats, the circuit breaker may trip and cut power to the unit.
- If your power is fine but your air conditioner isn’t blowing cold air, it’s possible that the thermostat on your unit isn’t set correctly. Make sure the temperature is at least 5 degrees lower than the current room temperature. Check that the thermostat is set to “cool.”
- Clean your air conditioner’s filter and coils to see if increasing airflow solves the problem. If there is ice buildup, you will need to run the unit with only the fan to melt it away. If this does not restore the unit’s ability to blow cold air, the refrigerant levels may be low.
Call For An AC Repair Altamonte Springs
If you have a problem with your air conditioner repair Altamonte Springs, we are ready to help. The sooner you call us, the greater your chances that you will not only get the help you need but that your system will also be fixed.