- American Standard Air Conditioners—One of the best central air conditioning brands is American Standard. A 14 SEER American Standard AC unit will cost you between $3,575 and $6,178. It receives far fewer repairs than other AC units. This AC unit is worth the premium price, as you will get a lot of value.
- Carrier Air Conditioners—There’s a reason why many people call Carrier AC units an outstanding air conditioner brand. Carrier AC units are made with high-quality standards in mind. A 14 SEER Carrier Comfort Series central air conditioner will cost between $4,892 and $7,224 to install. This brand has more options than other manufacturers so you can be sure to find the right central air unit for your home.
The highest SEER rating on the market, they offer up to 21 SEER. Carrier repairs tend to be more affordable than other brands. Carrier is known for its highly skilled installers, who are specifically trained in installing Carrier air conditioners. Carrier also sells heat pumps, gas furnaces, and other types of HVAC systems.
- Goodman Central Air Conditioners—Goodman air conditioners are another of the best HVAC AC units on our list that isn’t quite as well-known as Trane or Carrier. These units are affordable, yet still reliable. You could spend $3,188 to $4.275 to install a Goodman GSX 14 SEER AC unit. You can rely on the company’s quality products and solid construction. They are a great value for money and one of the top AC units on this list.
- Trane Central AC Units—Trane central AC units are well-known for their upholding warranties. They offer a standard 10-year warranty covering both labor and parts. An installation of a Trane XR14 with a 14 SEER rating for energy efficiency will cost between $3,267 and $6,100. Although Trane products tend to be more expensive than other HVAC brands, they are still very affordable and offer exceptional air conditioners, heat pumps, and gas furnaces.
- Rheem Air Conditioners—Rheem central AC units can be a great option for those with a tight budget. Rheem units are as durable as higher-end brands with proper AC maintenance in Orlando. Rheem Classic RA14 models are a good example of a replacement Rheem air conditioner. It would cost between $3,150 and $4,000 to install. Rheem is a well-known brand, but not all homeowners know about them. They are certainly worth looking at for their price.
- Lennox HVAC Units—Lennox air conditioners have the highest energy efficiency of any brand. Models with remarkable SEER levels, such as 23.5, are available. Equipment can be offered with efficiency levels of up to 98%. Installing a 14-16 SEER Lennox air conditioner in your home, such as the Lennox 14ACX model, would cost between $3,100 and $7,340.
- York AC Units—York HVAC units are a top-rated brand, especially because of their affordable pricing. A YORK air conditioner rated at 16 SEER would run you between $3,067 and $5,200. York YXV, which has a 20 SEER rating, is the most efficient model. It will cost more. York AC units are known for their quietness and can be used when noise is a concern.
- Ruud Central Air Conditioners—Ruud air conditioners offer affordable heating and cooling systems. Ruud Achiever 16 SEER energy efficiency will cost you anywhere from $3,125 to $3.879 to install. Ruud AC units are long-lasting, according to customer reviews and testing. Ruud AC units are also available in the U.S., so replacements and warranties can be provided quickly. Although the warranties aren’t always as extensive as those of more expensive brands, they do offer a lot more coverage. Ruud will save you money on installation and the cost of purchasing a new AC unit.
- Amana HVAC Systems—Amana air conditioners offer a solid mid-range HVAC unit for homeowners looking for products in the 13-18 SEER range. Amana has one of the best HVAC warranties available. Their compressors are covered by a limited lifetime replacement warranty. This warranty covers the AC unit’s expected life expectancy, and with regular air conditioning maintenance in Orlando, it’ll last even longer. Amana AC units will cost between $3,854 and $6,345 to put in if you need a 14 SEER AC conditioner such as the Amana ASX14 model. Amana HVAC offers heat pumps and replacement furnaces.
- HEIL AC Units—HEIL AC units is another top-rated brand that isn’t getting as much attention as it should. The AC brand’s technology allows heating and cooling components of the AC to communicate with each other and synchronize their performance. This makes them more reliable and energy-efficient. A HEIL AC installation will cost between $3,562 and $4,465 for the 14 SEER model in their Quiet Comfort series. Heil AC products have an efficiency rating of 97% and SEER figures up to 19. They come with a comprehensive 10-year warranty.
- Bryant Air Conditioning Units—Bryant air conditioning units are another brand worth considering when looking at HVAC replacement options. Bryant is a trusted brand that sells heat pumps, AC units, and gas furnaces. It is affordable and a sister company of some of our top brands. Bryant air conditioners often use the same quality parts that a Carrier brand HVAC system. Installing a middle-tier AC replacement with a 14 SEER Bryant 124ANS air conditioner would cost between $3,285 and $5,432.
What Is The Most Reliable Air Conditioner Brand of 2022
What Is The Most Reliable Air Conditioner Brand of 2022
When deciding on the right AC unit for their home, there are several things homeowners should consider. It all depends on your preference for a top-brand central air conditioner. For most homeowners, the main factors will be the cost of installing the top air conditioner brands, the warranty offered, the lifespan of the AC units, and energy efficiency (SEER) ratings.
We compared the cost of a standard efficiency AC unit with the 10 top central AC unit brands. Then we laid out the best features of each brand.